If you are looking to find the best online retailers for Cubic Zirconia (CZ) jewelry, you’ve come to the right place!
We exclusively cover the fine jewelry space and our editorial team has extensive experience evaluating diamond alternatives like CZ.
In this guide I’ll go through and list my top recommended go-to websites for Cubic Zirconia.
But first, here are some top things I look for (and included for this article) when evaluating a good CZ seller online.
What to Look for in a Reputable Cubic Zirconia Seller
When shopping for the perfect cubic zirconia (CZ) piece, it’s essential to find a reputable seller to ensure you’re getting high-quality gems. There are several factors to consider when evaluating a CZ seller, so let’s dive in and explore what to look out for.
- Quality Assurance: The first thing you should check is whether the seller guarantees the quality of their cubic zirconia stones. Look for information about the grade of the CZ, as higher-grade stones will have better clarity, cut, and overall appearance. Reputable sellers will often provide a certificate of authenticity or some form of quality assurance for their products.
- Customer Reviews: Don’t underestimate the power of customer feedback. Reading reviews from previous buyers can give you valuable insights into the quality of the CZ and the seller’s customer service. Look for sellers with a high volume of positive reviews, as this indicates a good track record of meeting customer expectations.
- Return Policy: A reputable seller should have a clear and fair return policy in place. This is important because it shows that they stand behind the quality of their products and are willing to address any issues that may arise. Make sure to read the return policy carefully to understand the process and any potential limitations.
- Shipping Options: Consider the shipping options offered by the seller. Fast and reliable shipping is always a plus, especially if you’re purchasing a gift or need the item by a specific date. Some sellers may also offer free shipping or discounted rates, which can help you save on your purchase.
- Customer Support: Good customer support can make a big difference in your overall shopping experience. Look for sellers that offer easy-to-reach customer service through chat, email, or phone. This will ensure you can get assistance with any questions or issues that may arise during your transaction.
So with these factors in mind, these are my top recommended cubic zirconia retailers online:
Top Cubic Zirconia Sellers Online
These are my top options to buy cubic zirconia online:
1. Eve’s Addiction: Best Overall CZ Jewelry Selection
The brand is both reputable and specialized, meaning that you can trust their quality AND their support is knowledgeable and genuinely helpful with CZ jewelry questions (unlike some bigger box retailers like Macy’s, Amazon, etc…).
Eve’s Addiction is Best For: Bridal jewelry, engagement rings (all cuts and shapes), general all around cubic zirconia selection.
2. Macy’s: Best for Value CZ Finds
Macy’s doesn’t have the specialization that some of my other favorites have, but I frequently find CZ jewelry bargains on discount or just plain mispriced. A good option for budget picks if you aren’t too choosey about specific styles, cuts, shapes. You either find it, or you don’t!
Macy’s is Best For: Finding seasonal deals and deep discounts on CZ jewelry.
3. Boscov’s: Best Necklace Selection
Boscov’s is a good affordable outlet for a variety of CZ jewelry. Similar to Macy’s, it can be a bit of a grab bag and bargain hunt.
Boscov’s is Best For: Affordable CZ necklaces and bracelets.
4. Amazon: Fastest Shipping
If you need something quickly, it’s hard to beat Amazon’s selection and quick shipping. That said, I would steer clear of the no name brands and stick to the Amazon Essentials line here. These are supplied directly by Amazon, so have a much higher standard and no questions asked returns and refunds.
Amazon’s Best For: Quick budget CZ jewelry picks often within 48 hours.
Understanding the Different Grades of Cubic Zirconia
Cubic zirconia (CZ) is a man-made gemstone that is often used as a diamond substitute. It is made from zirconium dioxide and is optically flawless. The quality of CZ is determined by its grade, which is based on factors such as clarity, cut, and color.
The grading scheme runs from AAAAA (5A) down to AB grades.
- 5A Cubic Zirconia: The highest grade of CZ is known as AAAAA or 5A. This grade is the most expensive and is often used in high-end jewelry. It is virtually flawless and has excellent color and cut.
- 4A Cubic Zirconia: The next grade down is AAAA or 4A. This grade is also high quality, but may have slight imperfections that are visible under magnification.
- 4A Cubic Zirconia: The third-highest quality grade of cubic zirconia, with visible inclusions and slightly less brilliance than higher grades.
- 2A Cubic Zirconia: The fourth-highest quality grade of cubic zirconia, with more visible inclusions and less brilliance than higher grades.
- 1A Cubic Zirconia: The lowest quality grade of cubic zirconia, with visible inclusions and a dull appearance.
Since these ratings are not very well standardized, I do sometimes see “AB” CZ, but this is generally not something worth selling retail. This is a catchall for anything below the 1A rating.
It’s worth noting that MOST cubic zirconia sold retail is AAA or 3A grade jewelry, although it’s important to know the differences and check these ratings!
How to Spot Fake Cubic Zirconia and Avoid Scams
When shopping for cubic zirconia online, it’s crucial to know how to spot fake stones and avoid scams.
The last thing you want is to invest in a piece of jewelry that doesn’t meet your expectations.
I’ll discuss some key tips for identifying authentic cubic zirconia and staying clear of fraudulent sellers.
- Check the seller’s reputation: One of the best ways to avoid scams is to purchase from reputable sellers. Do your research, read customer reviews, and look for any red flags that might indicate a less-than-honest business.
- Look for detailed product descriptions: Authentic cubic zirconia sellers should provide clear and accurate product information, including stone size, cut, clarity, and color. Be cautious of vague or incomplete descriptions.
- Examine the stone’s weight: Cubic zirconia is denser than diamonds, so it should feel heavier than a diamond of the same size. If the stone feels lighter than expected, it might be a fake.
- Inspect the stone’s clarity and color: High-quality cubic zirconia should be virtually flawless with no visible inclusions or blemishes. The color should also be consistent throughout the stone, with no yellow or gray tints.
- Test the stone’s refractive index: Cubic zirconia has a higher refractive index than diamonds, which means it’s more sparkly. If the stone appears dull or less brilliant than expected, it may not be genuine.
- Seek professional advice: If you’re unsure about a stone’s authenticity, consider seeking the opinion of a professional jeweler or gemologist. They can use specialized tools and expertise to determine if the stone is genuine cubic zirconia.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can confidently shop for cubic zirconia online and avoid falling victim to scams. Always trust your instincts, and if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Caring for Your Cubic Zirconia Jewelry: Tips and Tricks
Now that you’ve found the perfect cubic zirconia (CZ) piece, it’s essential to keep it looking as stunning as the day you bought it. With the right care, your CZ jewelry can maintain its brilliance and sparkle for years to come. Here are some tips and tricks to help you care for your precious investment.
Regular cleaning is key to maintaining the shine of your CZ jewelry. Use a soft toothbrush and a solution of warm water and mild dish soap to gently scrub the piece, focusing on the stone and its setting. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Store your CZ jewelry separately from other pieces to avoid scratches and damage. Wrap each item in a soft cloth or place it in a fabric-lined jewelry box to keep it safe and protected.
Avoid Harsh Chemicals
Exposure to harsh chemicals can cause damage and dull the sparkle of your CZ stones. Remove your jewelry before cleaning, swimming, or using beauty products to avoid contact with substances that may harm your jewelry.
Inspect and Repair
Regularly inspect your CZ jewelry for loose stones, worn prongs, or other signs of wear. If you notice any issues, have your piece professionally repaired to maintain its beauty and integrity.
Polishing and Replating
If your CZ piece is set in a plated metal, it may require occasional replating to maintain its luster. Regular polishing with a soft, lint-free cloth can also help keep your jewelry looking its best.
That’s all for today, be sure to check back on this article when making future CZ purchases as I’ll be updating as the retailing landscape changes.
Related Resources on Cubic Zirconia
Check out some of our other guides on CZ to learn more about how to make use of this versatile stone.