- The 13 Best Two Initial Necklace Ideas You (or Someone Special) Need Now - June 1, 2023
- 13 Irresistible Birthstone Rings for March - February 14, 2023
- The 10 Best Saffron Diamond Ideas (and Budget-Friendly Alternatives) - February 14, 2023
As you explore the best moissanite bridal sets guide, prepare to fall in love. Why moissanite? It looks like a diamond, but it comes without the price tag or ethical concerns sometimes attached to diamonds.
As a beauty and fashion writer (of almost 20 years, which is hard to wrap my head around sometimes!), I get to admire and compare pieces of jewelry regularly. I never get tired of writing about wedding rings, and moissanite bridal jewelry is one of the most exciting things I’ve had the opportunity to investigate.
To find the best options and help you in your own pursuit of the best moissanite bridal set that fits your needs, I looked for the high-quality center and side stones (and explained what to look for). I sought out designs to suit every personality and a range of metals so you can find the one that best matches you, your jewelry collection, and your wardrobe.
Bottom Line Up Front
My favorite out of all the best moissanite bridal sets is the Halo Cathedral Pear Cut Moissanite Bridal Set from Forever Moissanite. The stones are exceptionally high quality, cut to sparkle, and I love them set in rose gold.
The wedding band slips under the bottom of the engagement ring’s center stone for a cohesive look. There’s nothing clunky or awkward about it; it’s sheer elegance.
Shopping Tips to Keep in Mind
My best tip is to shop, explore, entertain ideas outside of what you think will be “the” bridal set, and have fun with it. However, there are a few practical things I can share:
Why Choose a Bridal Set Over Individual Pieces?
It’s easy to get swept up in the beauty of engagement rings. However, it’s possible to fall in love with one that’s difficult to match with a band. When you buy a set, you cut down on that risk.
Choosing the Right Stone
- Do you want a clear and sophisticated stone, like an emerald cut, or would you prefer as much fire and sparkle as possible (like a round brilliant cut)?
- What is the size range you’re looking for in the center stone?
- For the clearest, whitest (colorless) stones, look for D, E, or F color grade.
- Look for FL, IF, VVS1, VVS2, VS1, or VS2 grades for the best clarity. FL, IF, and VVS1 are the best (flawless, internally flawless, and very, very slightly included).
Choosing the Right Metal
- Which metal looks best with your skin tone?
- Which metal do you tend to wear the most?
- Do you wear cool or warm tones (clothing and makeup) more often? If cool, look for white gold or platinum. If warm, try yellow gold. Rose gold complements either.
- If you’re going the white gold or platinum route, do you want to spend the extra money on platinum that won’t dull over time? Or would you prefer the less expensive white gold that requires maintenance? You can read more about the differences at Brides.com.
My Top Picks
I love all the sets on this list, but here are some of my top picks at a glance:
- If you love traditional styles with a twist: Forever Moissanite Graduated Moissanite Engagement Ring and Wedding Band Set or the Forever Moissanite French Pave Cut Moissanite Engagement Ring and Wedding Band Set
- If you like glamorous rings and want an extravagant center stone: 4.15 CTW Emerald Forever One Moissanite set from Charles & Colvard
- If you like fiery stones that aren’t the classic round shape, paired with dozens of sparkling side stones: 4.15 CTW Emerald Forever One Moissanite set from Charles & Colvard
When shopping at a reputable jeweler, you’re unlikely to run across any low-quality moissanite bridal sets. Moissanites are designed to be clear and low on flaws, so you’re already in a good starting position when you consider buying moissanites over diamonds.
Here are some of the things I looked at when choosing the best bridal sets for this list:
I’ve included bridal sets where the center stone is graded D, E, or F (colorless), the highest rating available on the color scale.
These center stones also have no lower than a VVSI clarity rating (very, very slightly included, which ranks just below flawless and internally flawless on the clarity grading scale). In some cases, side stones may be ranked marginally lower on the clarity scale.
For example, some side stones may be graded at VS1, which is very slightly included. Still, those imperfections won’t be discernible to the naked eye, especially in smaller stones.
The ideal combination will be a D color grade and IF clarity grade, but you don’t need perfection to have a stunning, high-quality stone or bridal set.
For metals, I’m including moissanite bridal sets in 14k gold, 18k gold, and platinum.
A bridal set should be timeless but that can encompass various styles. Don’t worry; you won’t be stuck with a solitaire and a simple metal wedding band if that’s not what you want.
My goal is to find bridal sets that could survive shifting wardrobe preferences and seamlessly transition from one decade to another.
One way to keep it timeless is to choose the metal that works well with your skin tone and pairs well with the colors (clothing, jewelry, and even makeup) you tend to wear.
Choosing a metal that works well with your coloring regardless of current trends is one way to make your bridal set stand the test of time.
Variety and Customizability
There’s no single “best” style of a bridal set because tastes, preferences, skin tone, and even daily life (daily wear and tear, the potential for snags, etc.) differ so much.
So while I focused on quality pieces that would stand the test of time, I set out to include moissanite bridal sets in rose gold, yellow gold, white gold, and platinum. I wanted to highlight rings with stones of different cuts and sizes, as well, to fit personal preferences and a variety of budgets.
The 7 Best Moissanite Bridal Sets
Narrowing down the best moissanite bridal sets was quite the challenge. So many exquisite sets are out there, but I felt like I hit the jackpot when I started browsing through the selections at Forever Moissanite and Charles & Colvard.
I love the Graduated Moissanite Engagement Ring and Wedding Band Set from Forever Moissanite because it’s a few steps up from a simple solitaire without an overwhelming amount of detail along the bands.
- VVS1 Clarity
- D Color
- Side stones make up 1.03 carat
- You can choose from 1.00 CT to 3.00 CT for your center stone
- Available in white gold, rose gold, yellow gold, or platinum
- Ring sizes from 4.00 to 12.00
- Relatively customizable between the metal choices and center stone options
- High-quality moissanite for both center and side stones
- Princess and round brilliant cuts will provide fiery sparkle
- Not a lot of flexibility in price because all the stones are D and VVS1
I love this Moissanite Infinity Design Round Cut Bridal Set because there’s something incredibly romantic about the design. Along each band, there’s a promise of neverending love with the repeating infinity symbols.
- Side stones (104) make up .60 carat
- You can choose your center stone’s size, anywhere from 1.00 CT to 3.00 CT
- Metals available include white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, and platinum
- Infinity design on engagement and wedding bands, covered in round brilliant stones
- All stones have D and VVS1 grades
- Ring sizes range from 4.00 to 12.00
- Round cut is the most brilliant, so this one will probably be one of the sparkliest ring sets you’ve ever seen
- Unusual design
- You choose your center stone size
- You choose from various metals
- You don’t have control over the color or clarity, so there’s no flexibility of price available via selecting a lower grade
- Depending on the wearer’s job and daily tasks, bands with so many small side stones may not be ideal; daily wear and tear may be rough on them
The Moissanite Princess Cut Moissanite Bridal Set from Forever Moissanite is ideal for someone who loves strong angles in their jewelry. Instead of the round brilliant side stones we usually see paired up with a center stone of any cut, this one has channel set princess cut side stones (21 of them).
- Princess cut center stone can be 1.00 CT to 3.00 CT
- 16 channel set princess cut center stones (1.08 CT)
- Available in white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, or platinum
- Ring sizes 4.00 through 12.00
- Channel set stones have a protective metal rim around them, so they may be less likely to snag on fabrics.
- The center and side stones are close to perfection, with D color grades and VVS1 clarity grades.
- You can choose the size of the center stone and the metal you want, so it’s somewhat customizable
- All the stones will have D and VVS1 grades, so you can’t adjust the price by choosing E or VS1, for example.
The Forever Moissanite Halo Cathedral Pear Cut Moissanite Bridal Set is my favorite. The halo around the pear cut stone makes the stone itself seem more substantial, no matter which size you choose.
The wedding band features round brilliant moissanites and slips below the engagement ring’s center stone to nestle close to its band (also mostly covered in round brilliant moissanites).
- You choose the size of the center stone, from 1.00 CT to 3.00 CT
- Both bands and the halo around the center stone are adorned with round brilliant stones (57 total, at .75 total carat weight)
- Choose from white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, or platinum
- Available in ring sizes 4.00 to 12.00
- It’s somewhat customizable, like all the rings at Forever Moissanite.
- Pear cut and round are two of the fieriest cuts, so this ring will catch and reflect plenty of light and be quite the attention-grabber.
- Limited to D color and VVS1 clarity (which are exceptional, but some people prefer flexibility there)
The Forever Moissanite French Pave Cut Moissanite Engagement Ring and Wedding Band Set is perfect for someone who tends to be drawn to the classic styles but can appreciate a bit more pizzazz than a round solitaire perched front-and-center on a simple metal band.
This one does have a round shape, brilliant cut center stone, but the pave diamonds that grace the top half of each band take things up a notch.
- Round brilliant center stone in sizes 1.00 CT to 3.00 CT
- .57 CT of side stones (round brilliant, as well)
- VVS1 clarity grade for all stones
- D color grade for all stones
- White gold, yellow gold, rose gold, or platinum
- It’s a classic style with an upgrade and will most likely look right at home in any future decade.
- Round moissanites (and diamonds) are some of the most brilliant, so you can expect this set to by eye-catching.
- You can choose your center stone size and therefore have some control over the price, even though the clarity and color grades are set.
- If you want something that stands out because of interesting design detail you don’t see often, this set probably won’t be your first choice. It’s a breathtakingly beautiful, classy set, but not an unusual style.
Charles & Colvard 4.15 CTS DEW Emerald Forever One Moissanite Signature Solitaire with Side Accents Wedding Set in 14K White Gold
This 4.15 CTW Emerald Forever One Moissanite set from Charles & Colvard made the list because it’s the epitome of glamour, from its large, emerald-cut stones to its shimmering round side stones.
- Center stone is DEF grade (colorless), with an excellent cut grade.
- Center stone ranges from IF to VS1, which is excellent (internally flawless to very slightly included)
- The center stone is 3.55 CT
- Available in white gold or yellow gold
- The wedding band curves perfectly to fit the engagement ring in a way that looks like a split shank style ring.
- If you love classic movies, you’ll appreciate its Grace Kelly vibes (she wore a 10.56 CT Cartier diamond)
- You don’t get to choose the center stone size on this one (though it is larger than the average stone, so that’s a plus!)
- This will definitely be too big for some tastes and lifestyles
Charles & Colvard 1.23 CTW DEW Round Forever One Moissanite Floral Band Solitaire with Side Accents Bridal Ring in 14K White Gold
The Charles & Colvard 1.23 CTW DEW Round Forever One Moissanite Floral Band Solitaire with Side Accents Bridal Ring in 14K White Gold is a perfect match for someone who prefers ornate details in the metal, not the stones.
Though there’s still a gorgeous center stone surrounded by accent stones–and more accent stones along the wedding band to tie it all together–most of the eye-catching quality comes from the intricate metal design.
- Choice of color grade between DEF and GHI, which means two price points that could fit the budget
- 14K white gold bands
- Available in ring sizes 5.0 through 9.0
- Intricate metal design on both bands
- Vintage feel
- Round brilliant stone (1.00 TCT)
- Stone clarity grade of IF to VS1
- Some flexibility in the price due to two color grade options
- Not as many side stones as some of the other options, which may be ideal for some lifestyles, depending on daily tasks
- Perfect for people who love all things vintage-inspired
- The center stone only comes in one size
- It may be too “busy” for some people’s tastes
Looking for more information about how to choose the best moissanite bridal set? I’ve got you covered.
Question: What is the Best Grade of Moissanite?
Answer: FL or IF (flawless and internally flawless) are the best clarity grades, though VVS1 and VVS2 are also excellent. The best color grade is D.
Question: What Color Grade is Best for Moissanite?
Answer: The best color grade is D, but D, E, and F are considered colorless.
Question: What is the Best Size Moissanite to Buy?
Answer: The short answer? Whatever your heart desires and your bank account can handle. If you’re worried about whether people will believe it’s a diamond, you’ll probably want to stick with no larger than 2.00 CT.
Going a lot larger than the average diamond in an engagement ring might make people suspicious. However, a much larger stone would still be absolutely stunning–and like a diamond–so if you’re worried about the appearance and beauty of the stone.
Question: Does Moissanite Get Cloudy?
Answer: No, moissanites don’t get cloudy over time. They should maintain their sparkle for decades.
Question: Which is Better, White Sapphire or Moissanite?
Answer: Trying to choose between white sapphire and moissanite? They’re both beautiful, but moissanite is better overall. From a price perspective, white sapphire is better. If you’re most concerned about how the stone looks and how it will survive over time, moissanite is better.
Sapphires look dirty and less sparkly, more quickly than moissanite. Moissanite looks more like a diamond and is harder and more durable than white sapphires.
Question: Is Moissanite Better than Cubic Zirconia?
Answer: Yes, moissanite is harder and more durable than cubic zirconia. The Peach Box reports a hardness score of 9.25 for moissanite and 8 to 8.5 for cubic zirconia. For toughness, moissanite gets a 7.6 PSI score, and cubic zirconia gets a 2.4.
If budget is the primary concern, cubic zirconia wins because it costs less.
Question: Can Moissanite Pass Diamond Tester?
Answer: According to Cullen Moissanite, yes, if the diamond tester relies on thermal conductivity to tell the difference between the two stones.
Conclusion: The Best Bridal Set
You can’t go wrong with any of the best moissanite bridal sets on this list. You should always choose the one that fits your personality, coloring, and personal style.
If I had to make a single recommendation, it would be the Halo Cathedral Pear Cut Moissanite Bridal Set (in rose gold) from Forever Moissanite.
You can control the size of the center stone, which will be high-quality no matter what. You’ll get a ton of sparkle, and the pear shape is more unexpected than round. I love the way the bands snuggle up together under the center stone. You can tell they were made for each other.