Honeyfund Review – How Does Honeyfund Work?
Whether you are trying to find the perfect wedding gift for a friend or relative, or you are a newlywed with hopes of having a great Honeymoon, you need to know about Honeyfund!
Honeyfund is a wedding registry, specifically for honeymoons! And it just so happens to be the number one of its kind. While Honeyfund is primarily known for funding honeymoons, it is also used as a crowdfunding site for weddings, charities and even down payments on homes!
Honeyfund has been featured on the television show Shark Tank as well as numerous publications like The New York Times and Vogue, and even has a partnership with Target!
How Honeyfund works
You create your page and registry which come with the following:
- Customizable wishlist
- Gift card registry
- Universal registry capability
- Store registry syncing
- Exclusive discounts and offers
- A webpage to share and post on social media
If you are unsure of how to create your own registry or don’t want to spend the time and effort, choose from Honeyfund’s own popular, pre-selected ones including:
- The Hawaiian Islands
- The Caribbean
You choose your payment options, one of which is the Honeyfund Balance. It is the essential feature of Honeyfund and the most flexible way to receive your gifts. There are no fees.
How to Get Around
Your guests visit your page and registry and follow these quick, easy steps:
- Select a gift or amount they want to give
- Enter their name and email address
- Enter their payment information (all major debit and credit cards are accepted)
- Receive confirmation and receipt
- Your gifts/funds become available immediately
- You view each gift, and its payment method on the “gifts received page.”
- Click on the “gift” section, then the “redemption history tab.”
- Follow the redemption steps
- Withdraw the funds via digital gift cards
If some of your guests aren’t sure of how to use Honeyfund, there is an option to designate someone as a contact person to answer questions and offer help.
The Honeyfund balance does not expire and can be disabled in your payment settings if you so desire.
While the Honeyfund balance cannot be redeemed for cash, it can be used with any of Honeyfund’s partners who offer such services as:
The Honeyfund balance isn’t the only way to redeem what you receive from your guests. You can choose to withdraw money your guests give you via WePay or PayPal.
How to do this
- Create a PayPal or WePay account
- Choose this as your payment method when you set up your registry
- Click on the “withdraw” button to log-in to your PayPal or WePay account
- Click the “withdraw” tab to get your money.
Note: There are some small fees associated with this method.
The only other fee associated with Honeyfund is for the low-cost upgrade for your registry if you so choose, which allows for:
- Numerous textures, fonts, and colors
- Custom Backgrounds
- No Ads
- Protection for your password
Also, Honeyfund offers access to several honeymoon package deals and discounts. You can also book your travel and pay for it through one of Honeyfund’s many travel partners or your own.
Before using Honeyfund and receiving your gifts, it is recommended that you:
- Estimate how many of your wedding guests are likely to contribute and how much
- Share your registry as much as you canThis allows you to:
- Have an idea of where you can go and what you can do
- A budget for your travel costs
- Estimate how much you may have to pay before your Honeymoon in case you don’t receive your gifts on time
One bonus of choosing the cash payment option is the ability to reimburse yourself if you pay for some of your honeymoon expenses upfront.
We hope this guide has been helpful, and happy honeymooning!