The Best Places to Buy Moissanite Engagement Rings Online
Last Updated on
So you have made the great decision to purchase a Moissanite engagement ring. That’s great! Typically these are ethically sourced (in a lab), without the issues around natural diamond mining.
But where can you find the best one for you?
Purchasing a Moissanite engagement ring online is a wise choice, as there are a plethora of high-quality retailers, some of which even offer the opportunity to design your own ring!In this article, we will review the top three.
The Best Places to Buy Moissanite Engagment Rings Online
When searching online for Moissanite engagement rings, one of the first results you will likely come across is Charles & Colvard.
They have a solid reputation and exist since 1995. They are unique in selling Moissanite as a diamond alternative, so you don’t need to worry about sifting through other kinds of jewelry. Their website is elegant, succinct and makes shopping a simple, lovely experience.It has three sections:
- Why Moissanite?
If you hover your mouse on the shop option, you will see several categories including:
- Engagement rings, divided by sets and styles
- Loose gems, in over a dozen styles including unique ones like radiant, heart and trillion
- Featured, which includes their rare green Moissanite collection.
If you click on Why Moissanite? You will be directed to a page which includes a highly educational video on Moissanite as well as a table which compares Moissanite to Diamonds, Rubies, Sapphires and Emeralds.
(Moissanite comes in first in every category except the Hardness Mohs Scale, in which it ranks just under a Diamond!)
If you click on their blog option, there are four informative sections including:
Design, with posts such as:
- Moissanite Styling Tips
- 7 Things You Must Do Right After You Get Engaged
- The Anatomy of an Engagement Ring
Education, with posts such as:
- 5 Tips for Cleaning and Taking Care of Your Fine Jewelry
- The Ultimate Guide to Purchasing a Moissanite Engagement Ring
Social Responsibility, with posts such as:
- The History of Three Stone Engagement Rings
- The Four C’s of Moissanite
Archives, which includes all their blogs posts dating back to 2014
Charles & Colvard offers Moissanite engagement rings in:
- Side Stone Rings
- 3 Stone Rings
- Vintage Rings
- Bridal sets
In each style, you can filter by:
- Price Range
- Ring Size
- Metal Type
- Main Stone Type
- Main Stone Shape
- Stone Weight
In turn, each engagement ring you click on features additional extensive details, and some rings include customer reviews.
With each purchase they offer:
- Free Shipping & Returns
- Payment Options
- A limited lifetime warranty
Their website also includes customer reviews and offers live chat.
In addition to the above information Charles & Colvard has on Moissanite, they also have “Moissanite FAQ,” which includes more extensive information such as:
- Moissanite Manufacturing
- Identifying Moissanite
- Moissanite Repairs & Care
Charles & Colvard’s engagement rings range in price from approximately 500$ to 3,000$.
MoissaniteCo. is another online retailer who only sells Moissanite. It has been around since 2005. MoissaniteCo. has two engagement ring collections, one of which is Charles & Colvard’s Forever One collection, but with some features that Charles &Colvard doesn’t offer.
This collection includes:
- Universal Designs, which offers engagement ring settings you can customize with:
- Stone shape: Round, Square, and Cushion, in numerous carats
- Metal: Yellow Gold, Two-tone Gold, White Gold, Palladium
- Matching Band
- Prong Style
- Unique Antique Filigree rings
Engagement rings in:
- Round Hearts &Arrows
You can customize by:
- Side stones, if the ring has them (in Diamonds or Moissanite)
- Matching bands, if the ring has this option (in a variety of metals)
Their other engagement ring collection is their own MoissaniteCo. collection which includes:
- Engagement ring collection 1, which consists of 476 products
- Engagement ring collection 2, in which you can customize rings with Round, Princess or Oval stones in numerous carats.
- Their Green Moissanite Collection
In each of their varied engagement ring collections, you can find rings with Diamond and Sapphire side stones, as well as rings with Sapphire center stones with Moissanite side stones. In addition to their engagement ring collections, MoissaniteCo.’s website also has a specific Solitaire collection, which, like their engagement ring collection, includes Forever One Moissanite, which subsequently includes:
- Universal designs, which like their engagement ring collection includes settings you can customize
- Engagement rings with a variety of stone shapes
And their own MoissaniteCo. Solitaire collection which includes two distinct collections.
Lastly, they have their 3-stone collections, which include:
- Three Stone Rings
- Forever One 3-Stone Rings
- 3-Stone Bridal Sets
MoissaniteCo.’s engagement rings vary in price, and some require you to contact the company to get the price.
Each engagement ring comes with a help guide which includes:
- Ring size guide
- Gold & Palladium Guide
- Actual stone size chart
- Moissanite Education
As well as a Questions section which offers live chat.
In addition to pictures, some engagement rings on MoissaniteCo.’s website offers a highly unique option for a 360 video of the product!
Besides engagement rings, MoissaniteCo. offers loose stones, including:
- Charles & Colvard’s Forever One Moissanite loose stones
- MoissaniteCo.’s Moissanite loose stones
- Loose green Moissanite stones
- Loose cultured gems
Their loose gem collection and engagement ring settings make for innumerable combinations of custom engagement rings.
In addition to all of the above, MoissaniteCo. website has:
- A sale section with over 100 marked-down items
- Testimonials section, which includes hundreds of customer reviews
- An FAQ section
- Customer service section
- An Education section which includes even more guides and information about Moissanite
- A “Forever One” section which displays a table that compares Forever One Moissanite to other types of Moissanite extensively, in several different areas including luster, heat resistance, attraction to dirt/oil
Lastly, their website has a section on MoissaniteCo itself, which includes:
- Information about the brand
- Several videos comparing MoissanieCo.’s Moissanite to Charles & Colvard’s Forever One Moissanite
MoissaniteCo. offers several payment options including:
- Payment via PayPal
- Ring Sizing
While Overstock.com may not be the first online retailer that comes to mind when purchasing an engagement ring of any type, there are a number of reasons that make it an excellent choice.
Like MoissaniteCo., Overstock.com sells some Charles & Colvard Moissanite engagement rings, as well as Moissanite engagement rings from several jewelry brands you can’t find anywhere else:
- Noori collection
- Vita Vital
- Unending love
Out of the three online Moissanite engagement ring retailers, they are the only ones which offer a pink Moissanite engagement ring, as well as engagement rings with black diamond side stones.
You can search, and filter Moissanite engagement rings on Overstock.com by:
- Sales & Promotions
- Metal Colors including: white, yellow, rose, two-tone and black
- Metals, including gold, sterling silver
- Ring styles
- Stone shapes, including Marquise, Baguette, Asscher, Pear, Radiant, Emerald, Oval, Princess, Cushion and Round
- Gold Karats
- And average Customer review
In addition, Overstock.com also has individual Solitaire and Halo Moissanite ring collections if either of these is what you are specifically looking for. Overstock.com has an impressive price range, with rings starting as low as 121$! Nearly every Moissanite engagement ring is marked down significantly from its original price and has at least several customer reviews.
- A warranty
- Free shipping
- A rewards card
- Ability to add the ring to a registry
How each Moissanite retailer stacks up:
- Best price range
- Being the only retailer that offers a pink Moissanite Engagement ring as well as Moissanite engagement rings with black diamonds.
- Also, they offer Moissanite engagement rings from brands you won’t find anywhere else.
- Not offering any education on Moissanite,
- Also, they don’t offer loose stones or an option to make your own engagement ring
- Their store has just slightly over one thousand rings
- You have to specifically search for Moissanite as they sell numerous other types of jewelry
- They have extensive education on Moissanite
- You have the ability to create your own engagement ring
- In fact, they offer gemstones which can be used in combination with Moissanite to create unique engagement rings
- In addition, they have a more extensive green Moissanite collection than Charles and Colvard
- They sell Charles and Colvard’s unique filigree ring collection which you can’t find on Charles & Colvard’s website
- They sell loose stones that appear to cost somewhat lower than those on Charles & Colvard’s website
- They offer the ability to customize Charles & Colvard engagement rings
- Their website is somewhat unorganized, difficult to maneuver and complicated
- It appears as if the website has not been updated for some time, as it lists that it sells yellow and pink Moissanite engagement rings, yet there are no such rings available
- It is difficult to gauge their price range as not every ring’s price is listed, and many prices vary depending on which setting, stone and/or carat if you are customizing your own ring.
- Many of the products they offer are available on Charles and Colvard’s website.
Charles & Colvard Pros:
- They have the most extensive Moissanite engagement ring collection at over 3,000 rings
- Their website has excellent presentation and ease of use
- They sell loose stones
- In addition, have a greater variety of stone shapes
- Also, they sell green Moissanite engagement rings
- Their website consists of informative and relevant blogs
Charles & Colvard Cons:
- They don’t appear to offer ring settings to create engagement rings with loose stones
While MoissaniteCo. has more pros, it also has more cons, and many of their products are on Charles & Colvard’s website. You might find some cheaper prices and the unique antique filigree collection on MoissaniteCo., but you won’t find the number of engagement rings or number of shapes of stones as you would on Charles & Colvard’s website.
And while Overstock.com has some unique attributes and great prices, it also sells Charles & Colvard, but not nearly as many as on Charles & Colvard’s website.
We think it is safe to say that overall Charles & Colvard wins, but now that you have the information you need, the choice is all up to you!